18 holes - 6,254 yards - SSS 71

Rosapenna Golf Club

Rosapenna golf course is a superb championships links designed by Tom Morris of St Andrews in 1893 and redesigned by James Braid and Harry Vardon in 1906.

Tom Morris of St. Andrew's in Scotland was taking in the sights of north Donegal when he arrived in Rosapenna. Being a veteran golfer, the spectacularly beautiful scenery immediatly alerted him to the potential of the ground for the game of golf. Rosapenna is one of the great natural golf courses in Ireland. Only three of the 18 greens had to be laid as the other 15 are a vindication of Tom Morris's judgement of the turf. The course is a combination of natural links and inland holes which stand on a peninsula between two lovely bays. The first ten holes play along Sheephaven Bay between the beach and a range of tall sand dunes. The last eight play inland and uphill in meadow where the high grounds present distracting and delightful views. The 'clubhouse' for Rosapenna is the Rosapenna Golf Hotel which is a pitching wedge from the first tee.